Thursday, June 13, 2013

I thought I was done with eyelets/rivets... =(

This last week I've been working on the other black/grey pieces (shin coverings and the part that hangs down in the front from the waist).

Here's the hanging down part; it's in front of some white tights I found... it kind of looks weird.. but oh well (it won't look wrinkly like that on me).



The leg parts were a bit more tricky.  I used the pattern I made with duct tape over my leg a couple months back, but I couldn't decide how to affix them to me.  



Some options included attaching it directly to the tights, velcro, a zipper, elastic hidden under the front section, etc... but I decided on going the rivet method again... which is a TON of work... -_-  buuuuut I think it'll work the best and asthetically tie into the bodice/corset since it's done up like that too.



So, I've begun the process... but doing these stupid little holes takes multiple hours and sore fingers.

Oh ya, and then I still need to do this for the left leg D=  Oh well, I'm pretty pleased with how they're turning out, although I won't have a complete idea how they look on me until I'm done and can tie them up.

Also, I keep checking the Blizzcon site multiple times a day so I can get my entry submission for the costume contest in like asap so I actually get in this year!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment