Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I really am working, I promise!

So this summer has been CRAZY at work, but I have now begun a much needed 2 weeks off from work that are getting filled with costume work!  I haven't completed a new piece today or tomorrow, but I have been working more on things I've started.

For example, did the primer on my boots:



Also, I think I've figured out how to stabilize my helmet "ears".  Instead of just stuffing which I fear will weight them down too much, I made a slightly smaller foam replica of each side and then will stuff around that to make it more rounded.  I *think* this'll work.  It's all trial and error!


I tried to work on the base of the helm and my initial thought to use stabilizer, but was kinda a bust =( and so I just made it with the normal fabric:


And I found a trim I like with the purple... I ordered decorative nail things off the interwebz for the square goldish things on the "ears" as well. yayz!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment