Sunday, September 22, 2013

Some successes, some failures

Successes this week:

Here are some of the arm cape bracer parts, all golded up too:



Also, horn gold accent pieces (yay for gold spray paint):


All of these gold things will get more paint shading/highlighting.  The gold is the base though.



Other success:  Bracers!

I did these today and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.  I was concerned that mixing mediums of fabric and thermoplastic would look bad, but I think it'll work.  Paint job to come when I paint all the other stuff.



Failures:

I got this fabulous pink shiny fabric which was to be those parts on the horns.



To give it some dimension, I spent loads of time sewing pleats and then I sewed the pleats in different directions.. (sorry, not really sure how to explain it).


After all of this though... it ended up looking pretty crappy.  There's just too much crinkle and reflection in this fabric for this pleating style to work...  Alas, back to the drawing board for this portion.  I put the helmet aside while I try to think of a new idea =(

No comments:

Post a Comment