Monday, March 18, 2013

Blizzcon 2013 Plans - Maghda!

Although tickets haven't been sold, and therefore I can't definitely say I'm going yet... I better considering I already have started a costume >.>

And yes, I know I never actually finished my Diablo wizard costume, but I've found a new love.  Maghda.  She's so freakin beautiful.  Also, green and purple... it's like this costume was made for me!  My favourite colours all rolled in one.  And luna moth shoulders!  ^_^d

So, here's a pic of her in game:


Seeing as though it's 8 months away and I've already started, I'm pretty sure I can get this one done in plenty of time, as long as I don't procrastinate.  Hence me writing in the blog again - this is one way where I feel some sort of accountability to continually work, even if my readership is like 2.  ;p

So... here's my progress so far!

I decided the bodice part should be a corset... and without knowing anything about corset making, I turned to the place I turn to learn anything these days - the internet, more specifically - youtube.  From that, I've made my own pattern (by wrapping by dressform with duct tape and then cutting it out!):



Which then transferred to the lining layer:



All in all, my corset will be 48 pieces.  16 pieces for each of the 3 layers (lining, strength layer, and the outer layer).

I'm currently waiting to visit my inlaws because I had the metal boning for the corset shipped to their US address to avoid extra shipping costs.  I'm also waiting for a local place to get in more eyelets (the metal holes for lacing the corset in the back) in black.  So, I've done about as much as I can do on that currently.

Here's the outer layers.  Keep in mind this is without the boning or anything tying it together =(




I also started the skirt thing:


The bottom trim is hollow.  I'm thinking of putting something in it so it flares out like Maghda's.  It's already a flowy material, but I want to give it more outward body when I'm standing still too.


I don't like the "waviness" of the front vertical trims, so I might redo that, putting a layer of interfacing under the light purple to stiffen it up.  I guess that's a pro of doing things this early! (I have more time to redo things I don't love).

Those boots/heels are for this. They'll be painted white.  Also, don't mind the front of the skirt belt thing - that'll get properly finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment