Saturday, March 30, 2013

Green side thingies progress

A couple posts ago I wrote about my adventures making that 3d shape that goes on each of Maghda's sides hanging down from the waist.  I took those patterns and transferred them to foam and wonderflex to make pieces as such:


I wasn't happy with the rigidity of the edges of the pieces, so I covered the whole thing with craft foam (have I ever said how much I love craft foam?).  Again.. I suck at imagining three dimensional objects made from flat objects.  Eventually I got it:


Below, I draped over the green fabric to give an idea what it'll look like.  I'll need to fiddle with how I want that to work.  Since the object it's covering has multiple planes/angles, it'll need seems/darts/something.  I want something that won't be too obvious.  The other option that I toyed with was making these things smooth/solid and just painting them... but I really liked the shine and reflections that this fabric gave and felt it would be a good contrast against the eventual belt piecing.  So ya, I'm convinced on sticking with fabric covering a more solid object like so:




Oh ya, and I added the upper parts to the cloak thing:


No comments:

Post a Comment