Saturday, March 23, 2013

Visiting family for the weekend so I'll do a brief update, since I can't work on the costume itself!  I spent last night trying trying to create the template/pattern for the side green shell type pieces.  I realized again that I am terrible at visualizing what pieces are needed to create a 3 dimensional object.  It took many tries and several pieces of paper and foam to get the right template.  I know it looks like it protrudes a lot, but I think with the bulk of the belt structure, it'll be ok.  I might make it point out a bit less too.


That green fabric that is on the couch is what'll be used to cover that shape, which I'll make out of wonderflex (shapeable plastic sheets).



When I get back home, I'll do further work on the corset since I know have both the boning and the eyelets for it.  Yay progress (slow, but sure)!

No comments:

Post a Comment