Monday, August 30, 2010

7 Bandaids Later

So, today was frustrating.  I decided to tackle the helmet since I'd like to get most of the construction of my costume done before I have to go back to work next week.

After batting around several ideas, I decided to tackle trying to create the shape using a bowl I found at Dollarama



and some mesh type stuff from Home Depot.  Apparently it's the stuff that gets used under stucco and whatnot to keep it's shape.  It was 10 bucks for a big sheet and bendable, but still relatively sturdy so seemed like a good idea.



However, I'm beyond frustrated trying to get the bowl to attach to the wire mesh.  I've tried variations of bending it to fit, duct tape, etc, but nothing's seeming to work well. 

Did I also mention that this stuff is incredibly sharp?!?!!?  I used thick rubber gloves...but it's not enough >.<  Six of my fingers have bandaids on them, as well as my wrist, hence my title of this entry.

I can get access to a drill tomorrow night, so I'll try screwing the mesh to the bowl.  If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to do =(

For now I'll paint my shoulders... le sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment