Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beginnings

I suppose as an introductory blog, I should write why I'm doing this (although I suspect most of the people reading this already know).  I wanted a place where I could share about where my real world and my gaming world overlap, without fear of being judged by either.  I'm an avid World of Warcraft player, but I tend to keep that in the closet because of the stigma wrapped around declaring that.  Also, as a female gamer, I tend to keep my real identity private from the majority of people I play with.

The creation of this blog is primarily sparked by my current project - t.10 (ilvl 264) priest costume (note though, I'm going as a female troll, not a human male):


Now, I wouldn't identify myself as a "cosplayer".  This is the first time I've ever done anything like this, but hey I guess there's a first time for everything, amirite?  I'm attending Blizzcon 2010 this upcoming October, which is what the costume in question is being created for.  I remember once saying, "Making a costume sounds cool, but I could never wear it out in public."  Oh, the irony.

So, why am I even doing this?  I once wrote in a guild forum "get-to-know-you" type thread, under hobbies, that WoW has pretty much consumed my other hobbies, but if it weren't for it I'd be doing more crafts and hugging more trees.  I love creating things - anything from painting ornaments, crocheting, simple sewing projects, etc.  It just happens that my creations have turned more and more geeky the older I get.  I haven't done anything since my Christmas break (where I was visiting people without the capabilities to play WoW) where I went on a crocheting binge, but that was 8 months ago so now I've been itching for a new and challenging project.  Also, conveniently I have two weeks off of work at the end of August, so instead of finishing my Loremaster achievement, I'm making a costume.

As for hugging more trees....maybe I'll eat some organic granola as I work.

Hope you enjoy the updates on my costume and see you at Blizzcon! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment