Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hopefully this works...

I'm really not sure what to do with the helmet.  After fighting with the metal mesh stuff and my bowl (and losing said fight), I'm trying a new approach.  I covered the curve part of the mesh (for the popped collar) with duct tape and then with siran wrap to prep for paper mache and then covered both it and the bowl with paper mache.  I'm hoping this works well enough I can just attach the two pieces somehow and then I'll use that as a base to work from.  /crossesfingers


They're currently drying...........

In other news though, I got some more paint and the colours are a bit better...although I'm not entirely satisfied.  In some light I like it, in others I don't.  Not sure if I want to like it in dark lighting (like what the majority of Blizzcon will be) or bright lighting (like on stage if I enter the contest).

1 comment:

  1. If worst comes to worst you could always rock out with /show helmet off. =p

    And yeah for the metal mesh shiz work gloves are a must!

    Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete