Friday, October 14, 2011

Lots of partial progress, nothing done =(

Too lazy to write much of an introduction to this entry, so here's just what's had progress in the last couple days:

"Boot Capes"

Here's the frame for them, out of my favourite material to work with lately: craft foam.

IMG_1746

Sorry, dark picture is dark... but you can see how I am making these capes.  The tan fabric is then wrapped around the back and tucked into a second craft foam frame, making a finished edge on the inside and out.
IMG_1747


Sadly, this process was pretty dangerous with the amount of hot glue I used on the inside and I ended up burning my finger.  QQ



Staff

The staff has now been carved and paper mached.  Big thanks to my friend who's been helping out with that as I fight with craft foam!

IMG_1751


The plan is still for the globe in the middle to light up!

Oh, and I found something that could work for the orb.  I thought finding clearish plastic balls would be easy, but it's been the hardest material to find yet.  I did find this Christmas ornament though; however, I'll have to sand off all the sparkle crap that's on it before I can paint it!

IMG_1749


Cape Details

My friend is a genius and found this technique using insulation foam and my newly purchased heat gun to tame down carved edges.  It looks fantastic!  Just have to make a ton more and prime and paint them...

IMG_1772


These will also have gems in them (not light up though).  Gems that I'm making myself! =O  /jewelcraftinglevelling

Craft Foam Fun

Here are the wing things that go off of the headpiece.  The ones on the right are ones that I warmed up over the stove to reshape.  They'll be stiffened, textured, and painted.

IMG_1769


I'm also working on those metal-looking pieces on the boot cape out of craft foam. 

So much to do....  ugh...

Did I mention I caught a cold? =(

No comments:

Post a Comment