Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One last update before blizzcon

The only reason I'm updating is because I'm on supper break at work.  Sadly I work until like 8pm or so tonight, cutting a couple hours of work time off.  I honestly don't know if I can get this done this year... see my to-do list for progress.

However, here are some update pics that I took on my phone (hence the junkier quality).

Below are accent pieces (for the boot capes, head piece, cape, etc), mostly made out of craft foam.  Heated to reshape, backed with fabric/glue, and coated with sealing mixture, and then texturized with fabric paint.  These are all painted now, but I don't have a picture of them completed.  oops.

unpainted accent pieces

unpainted boot cape accent

cape accents

The gems in the last picture are homemade (/jewelcraftinglevelled); they're more purply in real life though.

Here's the base of my shoulder (thank goodness that isn't plural!):

shoulder base

And finally, here's the painted staff head. Yes, the sphere does illuminate. Big props to my friend Mark who's been helping a ton, specially with the staff and cape accents.

painted staff


And I got my official Blizzard email saying that I did NOT get into the contest this year as more than 100 people were eligible before me. I'm supposed to check in at 2pm to see if enough people cancelled so as I get in. I don't know how far I am down the waiting list. =( Well, if I don't get it this year, I can always enter this costume next year too. We'll see!

I still don't even know if I can finish ._.

Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through.
    radio frequency welder

    ReplyDelete