Monday, October 11, 2010

Staff beginnings

I spent much of today working on my staff.  I decided to go with Archus, partially because it won the poll, but also because that's the one I wanted to make, even if it does seem the most complicated >.>

I printed out some life-sized copies:



Then I made cardboard shapes to make the basic shape of the staff to go around the wooden rod I have. 


 I have to do the staff in two parts so I can detach them for travel purposes.  Sadly, I don't think they'll let me just carry it onto the plane =P

Bottom:


Top:



From there, I covered it in expanding foam so it can become three dimensional and I'll carve it from there, using the cardboard inside as a guide.



At this point, I ran out of expanding foam and it's Thanksgiving in Canada so stores closed early =(

I'll keep working on my bodice/corset for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment