Saturday, September 11, 2010

Another helmet attempt

I wasn't satisfied with either paper mache or the metal or the paper techniques for the helmet =/ 

For my third, and hopefully final attempt, I'm using a bicycle helmet as the base and will shape wires (from hangers) over the curve, down a bit, then up again to form the shape of the popped collar.  Then I'll form fabric around the whole thing, sewing around the wire (like boning in a corset or a dress).



Yay for 20 dollar helmets from Canadian Tire that I can decimate =)

I then took my trusty wood file thing to this.  Sadly, my Walmart meat carver that I used quite a bit on my shoulders is losing some of its oomph. =(  I tried to smooth out the curves and give it a bit more of a round shape.  Here's the progress thus far:


The nice thing about using a helmet as my base, is this particular one has that brace thing at the back of my head so it'll stay on my head even if a do a /bow on stage or something ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment